Monday, January 17, 2011

And I Quote...Ricky Gervais Golden Globes 2011

In case you missed it, some of Ricky Gervais' stabs last night at the Golden Globes:

“I’d like to quash the rumors that the only reason The Tourist was nominated was so that the Hollywood Foreign Press can hang out with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie. That is rubbish, that is not the only reason. They also accepted bribes.”

"It was a big year for 3D movies. Toy Story, Despicable Me, Tron. It seemed like everything this year was three-dimensional. Except the characters in The Tourist. I already feel bad about that joke...I tell you what, I'm jumping on the bandwagon, because I haven't even seen The Tourist. Who has?"

"There were a lot of big films that didn't get nominated this year, nothing for Sex and the City 2. No, I was sure the Golden Globe for special effects would go to the team that airbrushed that poster. Girls, we know how old you are. I saw one of you in an episode of Bonanza."

“Also not nominated, I Love You Phillip Morris. Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor. Two heterosexual actors pretending to be gay, so the complete opposite of some famous Scientologists then.”

“It’s going to be a night of partying and heavy drinking. Or, as Charlie Sheen calls it, breakfast.”

"Thank you to God for making me an atheist."

Introducing Robert Downey Jr.: "Many of you in this room probably know him best from such facilities as the Betty Ford Clinic and Los Angeles County Jail..."

Introducing Scarlett Johansson: “beautiful, talented and Jewish, apparently. Mel Gibson told me that – he’s obsessed.”

Introducing Bruce Willis: "Ashton Kutcher's dad..."

No comments:

Post a Comment