Friday, October 15, 2010

News Spotlight: Politically Bad Sex



Probably the only thing worse to a politician than being involved in an uproar about sex is being accused of participating in terrible sex. Apparently, ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair took time to detail a sexual exchange he had with his wife in his memoir "A Journey" and it has creeped people out enough to get him a nomination for a bad sex award. Who knew this award even exists? Gotta love it.

From Time Magazine: "There's nothing worse than a bad sex scene. At least that's what the judges for the UK Literary Review's Bad Sex Awards think. The least coveted prize in literature is awarded annually to a writer who has made us cringe with their description of the act of sweet sweet love. It is an award usually reserved for novelists, but, according to the Telegraph's source, Tony Blair's memoir A Journey is “definitely up there.”

In his book, the ex-British Prime Minister describes a night of passion with his wife Cherie: “That night she cradled me in her arms and soothed me; told me what I needed to be told; strengthened me… On that night of 12th May 1994, I needed that love Cherie gave me, selfishly. I devoured it to give me strength. I was an animal following my instinct…” Oh dear, oh dear Tony. Did you really have to?"

No comments:

Post a Comment