Friday, July 22, 2011

News Spotlight: Hip Hop's Demon Child



While browsing the news today, I can across an MTV article pointing out that Tyler, the Creator thinks his competition for the VMA's Video of the Year "suck". Those would be Adele's "Rolling in the Deep," Beastie Boys' "Make Some Noise," Bruno Mars' "Grenade" and Katy Perry's "Firework." Well, actually he approves of Adele. Anyway, I was amused that someone was actually honest about how they feel about their rivals because artists usually spew that "I'm honored to be nominated with..." crap. Then I watched the video. And I was even a bit more amused and decided I should research him. This video is pretty representative of what he's about-sin, murder, and angst. The only part not apparent is that he also happens to rap a lot about raping women-a whole lot. Because of that, there's no way I'll ever be a "fan". As much as I love filthy, his lyrics are even too much for me. But I do respect the fact he's offering a new approach to hip-hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment